A delicious tradition you will want to incorporate this holiday is pumpkin bread. This easy and simple recipe will have your family, and friends wondering where you bought this!
2 Loaves of Pumpkin bread
You will need:
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup of water
- ¾ teaspoons of salt
- ¾ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups of firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup of cooked mashed pumpkin
- 1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ cup of chopped walnuts or pecans
- ½ of raisins
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine eggs, oil, and water in a large mixing bowl. Add salt, cinnamon, vanilla, and sugar: beat well on low speed of electric mixer. Add pumpkin mixing well. Mix flour with baking soda and stir into batter. Fold in nuts and raisins. Then pour into 2 greased 8 ½ x 4 ½ x 3-inch pans. Bake 1 hour or until loaves test done. Cool in pans on wire racks and serve! Gingered cream cheese or butter will add extra taste. (See gingered cream cheese recipe below)
Gingered Cream Cheese
- 8- ounce carton of whipped cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped candied ginger
- 1 tablespoon of orange marmalade
- Combine and spread as desired
The recipe originated from Heart in Hand Restaurant & Catering.
Picture courtesy of Freepik.