Many individuals living in apartments or townhomes want the most out of their smaller living spaces and with some tips from the pros it’s never been easier. We have chosen easy and simple home improvement tips that can help your home appear larger without doing a home renovation!
- Have your walls painted with light hues throughout the smaller rooms. This technique will brighten and open up the space.
- Strategically placed large mirrors will act as a reflection of light. Hang this item on a wall where light is restricted to reflect the light. “A twist on this idea is to choose architectural-style mirrors which create the illusion of an extra window or door” according to HGTV.
- Opt for Lucite tables or accessories to trick the eye while still filling in space.
- If you plan on painting the walls, borders, and ceiling try using the same color in different shades. Having a monochromatic scheme will allow your eye to easily transition while still opening the space.
- Choose raised furniture for small rooms to create on open and “airy” feel.
Adding these touches to your home can open up a cramped space and also help with the salability of your home. Nothing says “I have no space” then a cluttered home and if you plan on eventually selling, implementing these home improvement tips little by little will make a big difference.
As a local Realtor, Martino Realty of Staten Island can help with new homeowners and sellers, Visit www.Martino-realty.com!
Tips courtesy of The Spruce and HGTV.